P2P-hackers,

Despite the fact that my last email on this list (where I announced our P2P-TV
workshop) was perceived as spam, I would like to make this community aware that
we are streaming our workshop live with our P2P live streaming software (which
is open source and freely available), and this live streaming P2P swarm can be
joined by anybody interested in watching the event or just simply joining the
P2P experiment.

 - Jan

Details:
To help people interested in the P2P-TV workshop we are hosting, the NAPA-WINE
project's final workshop will be *broadcasted live* with the P2P Live Streaming
Software developed by the NAPA-WINE project.

The workshop opens on Thursday 20th January at 2.30PM CET and closes on Friday
21th January afternoon at 6.00PM CET.
Recordings of the workshop will be made available from the project web site few
days after the event too.

For people interested in following the workshop/talks live via P2P video
stream, we have prepared a page with Quick-Start instructions on how to
download, install, and use the software to follow the event live. If you are
interested, please go to

http://www.napa-wine.eu/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Public/NapaWineWorkshopLive

If you have any questions regarding the use of the software or following the
final workshop live with it, please use the mailing list
(napal...@tlc.polito.it).

A demo activity of the software is scheduled at 5.30PM (and yes! you will be
part of the demo if you join the channel!)

*Workshop Program*
The final NAPA-WINE workshop is intended as an informal forum for lively
discussions on current and future trends in peer-to-peer live streaming. The
program comprises four talks presenting the main NAPA-WINE achievements (and a
demo of NAPA-WINE's network-aware P2P live streaming system) as well as nine
talks from external highly qualified researchers from both academia and
industry, providing a broad and articulated perspective on the main challenges
and solutions on the topic. There will be external presentations provided by
(see http://www.napa-wine.eu/workshop/program.html for agenda details):

- Presentations from other on-going  European projects on P2P-TV/CDN:
  * Future Media Networks (FMN) cluster and ENVISION (David Griffin, UCL, GB)
  * COAST/SEA (Emanuele Quacchio, ST Microelectronics, IT)
  * P2P-NEXT (Raul Jimenez, KTH, SE)
- Presentations from the industrial world (the operator/content provider
vision):
  * Nikolaos Laoutaris,  Telefonica Research, ES
  * Enrico Marocco, Chair of IETF ALTO, Telecom Italia, IT
- Presentations from academia (technical challenges)
  * Ernst Biersack, Eurecom, FR
  * Phuoc Tran-Gia, Tobias Hossfeld, University of Wuerzburg, DE
  * Yong Liu, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, US
  * Victoria Fodor, Gyorgy Dan, KTH, SE

For further workshop program details, please see
http://www.napa-wine.eu/workshop/

Jan Seedorf
Senior Researcher
NEC Europe Ltd., NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Division
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-221
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  jan.seed...@neclab.eu