Hello everybody!

I'm searching about usage statistics of P2P file sharing networks, for
example, the number of users, number of shared files and etc. So, I
found the Slyck's P2P Network Stats Page [1], and I've some doubts about
this measurement:

1) How does it do these statistics? Is used a special program, or is it
a just traffic analysis?

2) Are these statistics correct? If not, what's the margin of error?

3) Is possible measurement the Bittorrent network? If not, why?

4) Is possible measurement the number of shared files? If not, why?

5) Does anyone have any suggestions about how do P2P file sharing
networks usage statistics? Can be better or worse than Slyck's
statistics method.

Thanks in advance,

--fx

[1] http://www.slyck.com/stats.php