Stephen,
I saw the use of P5EE_CONFIG_FILE used here and there.
I am proposing that we should use something like P5EE_HOME
to derive things.

This is very typical in Enterprise software. Like in Oracle,
you set ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID, everything is derived from here.

If you want to override a config, you can set stuff like TNS_ADMIN.

Java is the same, you set JAVA_HOME, J2EE_HOME so that configuration
can be found automatically.

For example, the config file can be called p5ee.conf by default and located
under
$P5EE_HOME/conf by default. So in the script we should just call something
like
  $p5ee = new P5EE::Config;

We will get configured and everything moving accordingly, such as which
modules
to use and what action to take with minimum of code.

  Steve Lihn
  FIS Database Support, Merck & Co., Inc.
  Tel: (908) 423 - 4441

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of
Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential,
proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity named in this message.  If you are not the intended
recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.