( I apologize for being stuck with a lotus notes client).

Dave's response triggered an indirect point as pertains to the vision
statement:

"IT managers should have confidence in hiring enterprise architects who
specialize in Perl, in supporting enterprise development projects in Perl,
and in deploying enterprise applications in Perl."

For many stupid reasons Perl has more barriers to adoption as a platform
than other languages in large Corporations such as the one I currently
work for.  For what it's worth P5EE will have to go up and beyond normal
standards to overcome these barriers.  Attention to even small things like
the interfaces and comments that an IT manager see's over the shoulder of
his architect/developer as he works or researches has an impact on the
above stated vision.  P5EE won't be able to shower the media or the IT
manager with glossy pictorial's and grandiose promises.  The look and feel
of the interfaces (shallow and silly as it may be ) is one of the few
places where P5EE will be able to help 'sell' itself when seen by Managers
or presented before 'review' boards for approval. The question of "And how
will you support this?" will definitely come up in a formal review and
displaying a professional interface to a changelog or a bug track log
could make a huge impression.

just my .02 to stick in the back of your collective mind

Jeff
aka Coreolyn

Dave Rolsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
02/01/2002 11:53 AM