Hi,

Here's an update on activity in P5EEx::Blue.

I have been working on the ModPerl Context so that the reporting
system demos will run within mod_perl.

   P5EEx::Blue::Context::ModPerl

I have also gotten some significant new (paying) work that will be
using the P5EEx::Blue framework.  (That's good for its development
and enhancement.)

It is an asynchronous reporting system.

 * Some reports require data which is expensive and time-consuming
   to collect (i.e. connect to external system, engage in multiple
   transactions native to the external system, store the data locally)
   There are two external systems in this case.
 * One external system is connected to our local network.
   The other external system is accessed via a partner's web site
   over the internet (using SOAP).
 * The web application running in either the CGI or ModPerl Context
   will pass execute an asynchronous Procedure call to the data
   collection daemon.
 * The data collection daemon will see whether the request is to the
   locally connected system or to the remote system.
 * If the request is for the locally connected system, the data
   collection daemon spawns a process to retrieve the data.
   It puts the results in the local database.
 * If the request is for the remotely connected system, the data
   collection daemon executes an asynchronous Procedure call via
   SOAP. (The actual SOAP call is synchronous, but the asynchronous
   Procedure is implemented via several synchronous SOAP calls.)
   It then polls periodically (via SOAP) to check on the
   status of the request.  When the request is complete, it
   retrieves the data rows (via SOAP) and stores them in
   the local database.
 * The reporting application is then able to retrieve the data
   from the local database and it is available for any number of
   subsequent queries.  It may be refreshed on command by performing
   the same steps as described above.
 * In addition to retrieving data from a remote system in the
   manner described, we will also serve our locally connected
   data source to incoming SOAP calls from the partner site.

I will be building the following.

   P5EEx::Blue::Procedure::PlRPC - async procedure from app to data collector
   P5EEx::Blue::Context::Daemon - Context of the data collector
   P5EEx::Blue::Procedure::SOAP - async procedure to remote system
   P5EEx::Blue::Context::CGISOAP - Context of a CGI-based SOAP server
   P5EEx::Blue::Context::ModPerlSOAP - Context of a mod_perl-based SOAP server

In addition, I continue to enhance

   P5EEx::Blue::Widget::HTML::DataTable

to allow inserts and deletes (and perhaps multiple outer joins),
and I'm working on

   P5EEx::Blue::Widget::HTML::TemplateSet, and
   P5EEx::Blue::TemplateEngine::TemplateToolkit

to allow customizable data entry forms.

I hope these efforts will validate that what is being built is not
the P5WE (Perl 5 Web Environment), but truly the P5EE
(Perl 5 Enterprise Environment).

Just keeping you updated ...

Stephen