On Wed, 15 May 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a similar opinion. I haven't looked at it, and I won't do that in the
> near future. So you might have done something really good, but I doubt that
> after reading Matt's mail ...

I think that's the opposite of what Matt was saying.

At least, I interpreted Matt's mail as saying basically this, "it has lots
of flaws and here's what I think they are _BUT_ it's still a good start so
let's go with it."  And nowhere did I see Matt say that Stephen hadn't
done good work.  You're being _way_ too harsh on someone who's obviously
spent some serious time thinking about the problems P5EE would need to
solve.  Just cause his pre-0.01 version doesn't address a lot of those is
hardly a reason to bash him.

I'll follow up with a critique of the P5EE stuff like Matt's, but I
basically agree that this should become the basis of the "real" P5EE
stuff.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun