Hi All,

I am a little confused about globally-unique clones, since there can be no
instance attributes for a clone how do you tell each clone that it is unique ?

My use case is that we need to run N instances of a mail server, each mail
server is unique in that it serves a specific domain, two mail server can never
run on the same host.  In order to provide HA we need to tell the mail server
instance what domain to serve (or what filesystem to mount in order to get the
right data/config).

I was thinking that using globally-unique clones would be the way to manage
this (it makes the mutual exclusion rule easy: clone-node-max=1) but I don't
see how to make each instance unique.

... then again I could be mis-using the concept...

Thanks for any pointers.

Joe