Hi Andrew, sorry to come back lately...

In the meantime, I gave a try on a centos 5.3 which is quite the same.
The pacemaker installation went smoothly. So I searched a little more and found that libperl.so is also installed on the centos.
Yum told me that it is provided by the perl-5.8.xx package.

I came back to my rhel 5.2 server and change the search string and then yum identified the right package. Here are the results:
[r...@sac ~]# yum whatprovides libperl.so
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
 You can use "*/libperl.so" and/or "*bin/libperl.so" to get that behaviour
No Matches found

[r...@sac ~]# yum whatprovides "*/libperl.so"
Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
4:perl-5.8.8-10.el5.x86_64 : Le langage de programmation Perl
Repo        : installed
Matched from:
Filename : /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

I checked with my centos platform and saw that the i386 version of perl has been installed during the installation of pacemaker. I noticed that I'm actually running x86_64 version of RHEL 5 and as those servers won't be connected to Internet I didn't configured Redhat repositories. So I downloaded and installed perl-5.8.8-10.el5_0.2.i386.rpm on my rhel server and tried again the pacemaker installation.
This time, everything went well and i could setup my servers.

Thanks for your help!
--

Regards,

Patrick Cévaër