On 08/23/2011 06:19 PM, mark - pacemaker list wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to replicate a cluster I initially built for testing on
CentOS 5.6, but with the fresher packages that come along with a 6.x
release.  CentOS is still playing catch-up, so their 6.0 pacemaker
packages are a bit older.  Based on that, I figured I'd try Scientific
Linux 6.1 since it's the closest to current I can get being non-licensed
for RHEL.

My previous iteration of the cluster was heartbeat/pacemaker, but since
pacemaker is now included as part of the stock repos I figured I'd stick
with those only, which means cman/corosync/pacemaker.  I have things
working pretty much as I want, but still with stonith disabled because I
have no stonith agents available in pacemaker at all.  If I do "crm ra
list stonith", it comes back empty (where on 5.6 I have numerous agents
to choose from).  Looking at the older 5.6 nodes, I can see that the
stonith agents mostly (or all?) came from the cluster-glue package,
which I do have installed on the new cluster nodes as well.  The newer
cluster-glue packages just don't contain any stonith agents.

Am I approaching this incorrectly, and I'm supposed to handle fencing in
corosync (which does have tons of stonith bits installed with it)?  If
so, how do I tell pacemaker to fire off a fencing task via corosync?  Am
I supposed to configure pacemaker to use corosync's stonith commands?

Any pointers appreciated,
Mark

In EL6, Pacemaker and RGManager resource and fence (stonith) agents are being merged. The package you want to install is 'fence-agents' (and 'resource-agents' for the resource management scripts).

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digi...@alteeve.com