On 10/20/2011 07:30 PM, renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
Hi Alan,

Thank you for comment.

We reproduce a problem, too and are going to send a report.
However, the problem does not reappear for the moment.
I gather that the folks on the test team for my project have it happen fairly often when they're in a certain stage of testing. I expect to get some hb_report output from them in a week or two. I have put in a link to Andrew's bug system from ours so that hopefully when the time comes we will be able to remember what to do ;-)

We had not narrowed it down to attrd being the component that didn't stop - but looking at the logs for what they did report, it seemed like the likely suspect. I had already decided that it looked like the most likely candidate before I saw your email.

They had put in a workaround of just killing everything - which of course works ;-). At the place where it hung, all the resources were already stopped, so it was safe - just a bit of overkill (beyond the minimum necessary).

--
    Alan Robertson<al...@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim from you
at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce