Sent: Thu Dec 01 2011 11:34:39 GMT-0700 (MST)
From: Charles DeVoe <scarecrow...@yahoo.com>
To: pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org
Subject: [Pacemaker] Fedora 16 Cluster
I've spent the last month or so building linux clusters. 2 of them in a VM environment on fedora 15. I went through the Clusters from Scratch Tutorial; which sort of worked. At this time I am looking for a sanity check.

My requirements are to have a 4 node load balanced cluster with shard access to a SAN volume. The SAN will be using GFS2.

 I believe I need corosync, Openais, PaceMaker, and GFS2 utilities.

Where the confusion is coming from is the use of CMAN in the clusters from scratch. It seems from what I am reading that Pacemaker should be able to do everything I need and I am wondering if the use of cman is old information.

Any thoughts comments or suggestiosn are greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

No, CMAN is the new information. Theres a nasty bug out there (see http://www.mail-archive.com/openais@lists.linux-foundation.org/msg05600.html) if you setup pacemaker 1.1 without the new MCP stuff. Best solution is to switch to CMAN. See http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for<http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for>