On 02/07/2013 07:07 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
This is right, fence agents (all of them) can be used only with one port
value.
Would this be a good feature to add?
Particularly for people using "reboot" as the action.

Otherwise the caller (ie. me :-) ) has to split it up into stop 1,
stop 2, start 1, start 2 - which is messy.
It is possible to add this feature to most of the fence agent as it should be part of common fencing library. After brief investigation, it can be fairly simple change and I'm not completely against it. But we would have to better define what should be output of fence agent when entering multiple plug values.

* action = status: (single) return code 0 (ON); return code 2 (OFF) -> (multiple) ? * action = off/on: (single) fail if operation was not completed -> (multiple) fail if any of these operation was not completed * action = reboot: (single) fail if OFF fails -> (multiple) fail if any OFF fails

Some fence agents can have 'reboot' implemented without OFF/ON procedure (direct usage of command 'reboot') for these multiple plug should be forbidden.

m,