On 22/05/14 12:08 PM, Robert Dahlem wrote:
Hi,

On 22.05.2014 16:59, Digimer wrote:

I can't speak to the pacemaker issue, but I can say that a proper
stonith config in pacemaker and fencing config in drbd would prevent a
split-brain. This would cause a node to reboot in this scenario, so you
still need to resolve it, but a reboot is a heck of a lot better than a
split-brain.

And what exactly would be the sufficient cause for fencing in this scenario?

Regards,
Robert

If DRBD detects a split-brain is about to happen, it will block and call it's fence handler (fencing resource-and-stonith;). In pacemaker setups, this is done via the crm-fence-peer.sh handler. It will take the DRBD fence request and pass it up to pacemaker. Once pacemaker confirms the peer is fenced, the surviving node will unblock and resume operation, thus avoiding a split-brain.

This still leaves the cause of the initial issue unresolved, but it does make the consequences of that issue far less damaging.

--
Digimer
What if the cure for cancer is trapped in the mind of a person without access to education?