On 09/22/2014 12:06 PM, Martin Thorpe wrote:
I've successfully setup a cluster IP (floating IP) using "crm configure"
but I am struggling with how to define the named service and tell it to
reload on the second node upon failure of the primary node of the two
node test cluster.

That was discussed recently on this list, and two approaches were mentioned:

1. Make a custom resource agent based on ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2 that reloads named when it adds or removes an IP address;

2. Our approach at Gleim:

   order dns-restart +inf: dns-ip:start dns-daemon-clone:start

dns-ip is our IPaddr2 resource, and dns-daemon-clone is the clone of the named resource. So that tells pacemaker to start dns-daemon-clone after dns-ip, which in practice makes it restart named if dns-ip moves to the host. This does a full restart rather than a reload, but if that is acceptable in your situation, it's easy.

BTW, if your apache instance binds to the wildcard address, it won't need a reload or restart when the IP moves. BIND has the issue because it can only bind to specific IPs.

-- Ken Gaillot <kjgai...@gleim.com>
Network Operations Center, Gleim Publications