On 01/30/2015 05:03 PM, Jérôme Charaoui wrote:

Thank you for looking at this, much appreciated.

The timeout issue intrigued me because I had noticed ipmitool taking sometimes over 10 seconds attempting to execute an action on a non-responding IPMI device over the lanplus interface.

So I had a look at the ipmi stonith plugin code and the ipmitool manpage itself and noticed this little gem in the latter:

-R <count> Set the number of retries for lan/lanplus interface (default=4).

I then went ahead and added "-R 1" in the plugin's ipmitool_opts variable, and my problem went away!

If you use fence agent fence_ipmilan then you can set this with retry_on (or --retry-on X when using as argv)

m,