Disclaimer: I've never used azure-arm, but if you don't get any answer here
I think it's valid to open a Github issue and request a "feature" or a
clarification in the docs about this.

// Rickard von Essen

On 6 February 2017 at 13:57, Johan Elmerfjord <johanel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We create our own images with CentOS 6 and 7.
> The images are built with packer, and I currently upload them manually
> using azure-vhd-utils [https://github.com/Microsoft/azure-vhd-utils] - as
> that tool handle sparse image upload which saves me a lot of time and
> bandwidth.
>
> From my "Golden" images, I need to update a few things on the image to
> make it more site-specific. For example DNS-, SMTP-, Log-, LDAP-servers,
> Git-server, Salt-master and so on.
> Then I want to store these as a new site-images to be used to start up our
> services.
>
> Azure currently have a issue with that you can't start a VM with a custom
> image that is stored in a different Storage-account. (MS is working on a
> solution though).
> The Azure templates that does exist for this starts by copying the custom
> image over to the new account before using it.
>
> The current Azure-arm builder automatically create a new resource-group
> and with that a new storage account. - making it impossible to use my
> custom image to create the site-specific ones.
>
> Is there a way to tell it to use the existing storage account (where the
> golden image is), or shouldn't I use the Azure-arm builder at all?
> The examples I have seen are all using Images from the Global Image
> Marketplace - where the sharing is not a problem.
>
> Thanks, Johan
>

> --
> list.
>
> GitHub Issues: https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues
> IRC: #packer-tool on Freenode
> ---
> "Packer" group.
> email to packer-tool+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> msgid/packer-tool/c3f457e5-8f06-4883-ba79-f094d661de94%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/c3f457e5-8f06-4883-ba79-f094d661de94%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

"Packer" group.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/packer-tool/CALz9Rt9U%2BTbyLfJi61%3DFH0%3DGjJWNmLNd7pLQ4eNjVXragHB%3DBA%40mail.gmail.com.