Hello,

I am currently in the process of configuring PacketFence as an inline
solution, aiming for devices to register on the captive portal for data
capture. Here's a brief overview of my setup:

I am utilizing two ports on a switch. One port connects to PacketFence,
providing internet access, while the other serves as the connection point
for devices. Devices in this port are expected to receive IP addresses from
PacketFence and register on the captive portal. Notably, a VLAN is
configured on this port, aligning with the logical interface created in
PacketFence.

My PacketFence interfaces are configured as follows:

Management Interface (eth0):
IP: 172.16.49.120

Inline Layer 2 Interface (eth0.133):
IP: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 8.8.8.8
DHCP Server: Enabled
NAT: Enabled

While devices connected to the network can access the captive portal when
assigned a manual IP address, I've encountered an issue when attempting to
gain access to the internet through the captive portal. The error message
received is as follows:

"Your computer was not found on the PacketFence database. Please reboot to
solve this issue."

Additionally, the MAC address associated with the device is displayed as 0.

I suspect this error is related to the use of a static IP address, leading
to my next problem:

Although I have enabled the DHCP server on PacketFence, devices are not
receiving IP addresses dynamically when connected to the port on the switch.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance to troubleshoot and resolve these
issues. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards