Hi,

We are trying to setup Packetfence as a UAM server and RADIUS server for the
wifi captive portal.
In this setup we have OpenWifi (OpenWrt) AP configured to use packetfence IP as
uam server and radius server.
On packetfence, we have created profile and switch configuration to handle
messages coming from our AP.
When a wifi client connects to the AP, it is expected that the wifi client gets
redirected to the uam (packetfence)
for login credentials. However we notice that the client did not get redirected
to the login page instead it got authenticated
(RADIUS-Accept) by packetfence RADIUS.

I am sure we are missing some critical configuration, either on AP or on
packetfence.

We checked on AP side and I think configuration looks correct except that I am
not sure if the uam_server = <IP of packetfence>
is correct. Does it need additional paths after the IP address?

What might be wrong with my setup?

Why would RADIUS server accept client connection without client credentials?

Can you point me to a document that provides step-by-step captive portal
configuration on packet fence?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
-Rafiq.