Hello,

Have installed PacketFence Zen version.

Linux packetfence 5.10.0-29-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.216-1 (2024-05-03) x86_64

Been using for a while, logging as admin and actively using the solution.

Packetfence has been installed as a virtual appliance on Proxmox.

Have on a number of occasions shutdown the appliance and restarted. On this
occasion this was the first time the whole physical server had been shut down.

One starting PacketFence I found I could no longer log in using the admin
password I setup. I know it was 100% correct as stored it in Bitwarden and
manually.

In an attempt to regain access, I tried resetting the admin password using the
following steps:

mysql -u pf -p
use pf
update password set password = "admin" where pid = "admin";

The command executed without errors, but I am still unable to log in using
either the new credentials (username: admin, password: admin) or my original
password.

I come across this post:

https://www.mail-archive.com/packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg19857.html

I have confirmed that the system date and time are correct. I still have SSH
root access and can access the database, which allowed me to run the commands
mentioned above.

Appreciate any advice in advance.

Many thanks,

Martin