On 02/04/2013 06:23 PM, Rich Graves wrote:
> Are you allowing locally authenticated guests to use your "eduroam" SSID?
> That's unusual. Typically, guests go on an open SSID.
> If your guests use a 802.1X SSID other than eduroam, then I think you
> should be able to short-circuit the proxy logic based on ESSID. For
> example, my controllers put it in Aruba-Essid-Name. See freeradius
> detail logs and the man page for "unlang."

I am trying to keep it as simple for users as possible:  I have the
eduroam SSID as an encrypted WLAN.
If a user has no login at all, he can use an open unencrypted
"Registration" WLAN which kicks him out after sucessful registration.
This ensures that all users login to the encrypted eduroam WLAN.
Our local users do,  eduroam users from other institutions do that as
well.  Why keep the guests somewhere else.  This leaves us with 2 WLANs
to use ... very simple, I thought.  This was my intention at least.
Do you think this is not advisable?

Any suggestion?

Cheers Jan

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT fuer Radioastronomie
Jan Behrend - Rechenzentrum