Our network has wireless trunks which do not natively support VLANs.  A way to
support VLANs is to use l2tpv3 tunnels, which are also called pseudowires.  I
have l2tpv3 working perfectly on an OpenWRT access point, to communicate with
PacketFence.  It is also working on PacketFence, but with one problem.

PacketFence will not operate with a device which is not a hardware device.  In
/usr/local/pf/sbin/pfdhcplistener line 164 fails with the message:
“Is ap01tun an actual network interface?”  Is this an inherent limitation of
Net::Pcap::pcap_open_live?  Does anyone know of a solution or work-around?

This is a bit disappointing as l2tpv3 would be a perfect solution to our
situation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stanley Bammel