On Jun 17, 2015, at 15:15 , Rhoads, Robert W. <rhoa...@danvilleva.gov> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>     I am new to PF and am testing it in an isolated network for evaluation
> purposes and figure out how it works.  I am using version 5.1.0.  I have been
> able to get it up and running using RADIUS and 802.1x using AD auth and then
> AD for registration/VLAN assignment which I then set for AutoRegistration on
> a single switch.  I am now expanding out to a second switch with a routed
> network.  Where I am at the network covers a large area, with each site
> having its own VLAN and subnet and routed to the rest of the network (no
> network spanned VLANs).  I want to assign the user (well Role) to the correct
> VLAN after registration based on the switch’s IP address, how can I do this
> when the standard GUI options do not have this as an option (under User ->
> Sources-> myADSource) under the conditions?

Hi Rob,
Congratulations for making it this far!

Each switch can be configured independently.
You should be able to assign roles to your users based on the rules in the
authentication sources, and then define a different VLAN for that role on each
switch.

You can define roles to VLAN mappings globally in the “default” switch and then
override them on a case by case basis for each switch where they may be
different.

> I can’t realistically use the AD attributes available as none of them that
> pinpoint location are used or used correctly (AD is a mess here) and so thus
> the easiest way to assign the location’s “Normal VLAN” is based on the
> network from which the user is coming from. Thank you for any assistance.

Create your switches based on their IPs and edit the VLANs for each under
Configuration > Network > Switches.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,
--