Did you include the certificate chain ? i had to include the issuing
(intermediate) CA to get rid of the warnings. The root-CA was already
trusted on the clients (RapidSSL) but the intermediate had to be included
for the clients to trust my certificate.

Not sure if this applies to your situation.

regards
Dennis

>   Hey folks,
>
>  I set up a new legit ssl cert for the PF box – working for the admin
> interface but users behind the captive portal are not allowed to validate
> it (because they’re not online)….
>
>  Any ideas how to get around this so users don’t get the error in their
> browser when hitting the captive portal?  I’m sure there’s a way around
> whether that’s opening up the fw to allow users to get out (in that case
> what do you let them get out to) …
>
>  Any help greatly appreciated – thanks!
>
>  ~Maciej

oben Balken, unten Balken !