FYI.  I figured it out.. role.pm.  Had to comment this out so it wouldn't
try to auto-register phones.. When it did that, it basically went through
the reg routine with every device that was a phone whenever it got a DHCP
lease (I think it was when it got a DHCP lease at least).

sub shouldAutoRegister {
#    if ($args->{'isPhone'}) {
#        $logger->trace("returned yes because it's an ip phone");
#        return $args->{'isPhone'};
#    }