HI all,
Sorry to bump an old ish topic, but this is an issue we're seeing a lot of.
Users are seeing the HSTS error when trying to connect to our Guest network and
I'm not sure the best way around this, if there's any way at all.

In our config (6.2.1) we have both captive portal detection bypass and WISPr
enabled. However to my understanding one is in contradiction to the other.
Don't we want the device to recognise that it's in a captive portal in order to
display the WISPr page?

The snippet from our pf.conf shows:
[captive_portal]
#
# captive_portal.detection_mecanism_bypass
#
# Bypass the captive-portal detection mechanism of some browsers / end-points
by proxying the detection request.
detection_mecanism_bypass=enabled
#
# captive_portal.detection_mecanism_urls
#
# Comma-delimited list of URLs known to be used by devices to detect the
presence
# of a captive portal and trigger their captive portal mechanism.
detection_mecanism_urls=http://connectivitycheck.gstatic.com/generate_204

Cheers,
Andi