Setup a postfix server with dmarc signing.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2017, at 2:50 PM, Hans Johnson via PacketFence-users <
packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

The other thing is to check whether whatever PF is using for its SMTP relay
is listed as a permitted mail host through SPF. We had that issue when
dealing with emails being sent to the US Government from Google. (We're on
US Forest Service land, so there's a lot of back and forth). Anyhow, I had
to go and update our DNS records to permit Google to send email on our
domain's behalf.

Hans

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Max McGrath via PacketFence-users <
packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hello -
>
> We have a lot of guests at our site right now and it appears that a lot of
> times when someone registers as a guest with the email-registration option
> -- the email ends up being sent, but it goes to their spam and the user
> never sees it.
>
> Being a Google Apps organization, it would be nice to have PF be able to
> utilize Google's SMTP servers (and authenticate with one of our
> username/passwords).  This way, it would appear more legitimate (with
> proper SPF and DKIM) than from our local SMTP server.
>
> Is this currently possible in PF?  I don't believe it is, but perhaps I'm
> missing something.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Max
> --
> Max McGrath  <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/max-mcgrath/1b/3a6/a21>
> Network Administrator
> Carthage College
> 262-551-6666 <(262)%20551-6666>
> mmcgr...@carthage.edu

Hans Johnson (hans.john...@gmail.com)
B.ASc, Computer Engineering
Simon Fraser University

... Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes. -- Anonymous