From: Derek Wuelfrath via PacketFence-users
[mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:34 AM
To: ML PF <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Derek Wuelfrath <dwuelfr...@inverse.ca>
Subject: Re: [PacketFence-users] Multiple endpoints behind a single switchport

Hey Max,

That means, if per exemple you have a managed switch port with PacketFence
enforcement configured on it, and that you have a small unmanaged desktop
switch plugged into that managed switch port, then you can register /
unregister / apply a violation / close a violation / change the role of all the
devices plugged into that unmanaged desktop switch.

Managing a device from PacketFence that is plugged into that unmanaged desktop
switch will inform you that they are other devices with a locationlog opened on
the same managed switch port and that you can apply the action to all of the
devices or only on the one you are currently editing.

Does that helps ?

Cheers!
-dw

--
Derek Wuelfrath
dwuelfr...@inverse.ca<mailto:dwuelfr...@inverse.ca>

On Jun 16, 2017, at 16:14, Max McGrath via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:

Hello -

I saw in the release notes for version 7.0 a feature which states "Ability to
manage multiple "active" endpoints behind a single switchport (PR#2034)".

What exactly does this mean?  Does it mean that PacketFence will now work with
multiple endpoints plugged into a single hub/switch?

I've just tried that and it doesn't seem to function as expected.  Perhaps
PR#2034 does something different than I'm reading into it.

Thanks!

Max
--
Max McGrath
[https://static.licdn.com/scds/common/u/img/webpromo/btn_profile_greytxt_80x15.png]

E-Mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and shall be disclosed to third parties when
required by the statutes (G.S. 132-1.)