Hello Yan,

Le 2017-08-10 à 23:27, Yan Kimiko via PacketFence-users a écrit :

> Thank you Durand.
>

> /Currently we are in classifying and preparing period. We’ll consider
> buying inverse consulting once we really need help. As we are in
> China, we have also to make sure inverse selling service to China first./
> /
> /
/We deploy all over the world./
> //
> /For now, I have deployed a PF environment via PF ZEN in ESXi and we
> are //waiting for some resources (e.g. this project’s development
> engineer, related network devices such as AC and switches for test
> usage) to get ready//. /
> /
> /
> /After reading the Network Device Configuration Guide, I drew below
> map of network connections for our testing environment. Could you help
> confirm if it is right or not ? I’m not sure if PF should be connected
> to Core Switch or Access Switch ,or any switch that can reach other
> switches is enough. Also if we have remote offices and the inner
> network is reachable to each other, can we control them with one PF ?/
> /
> /
/Your schema is correct.

But you have to understand that you have 2 sort of traffic, the first
one is the traffic between pf and the switch/ap , this traffic is use
for radius/snmp/coa/.... to control the switch.
The second traffic is between the end device and packetfence, this
traffic (dns/http) is to redirect the device on the captive portal.

So just imagine that you have on the management side the traffic to deal
with the switch/AP and on the other side (registration) the traffic to
deal with the end device (also remote offices).

/
> //
> /
> /