Hello everyone,

We are implementing PacketFence using Out-of-Band enforcement using MAC
Authentication.

We have a situation where we would like to use 2 vlans for the same role. The
vlans would be automatically assigned via some mechanism. For example, we have
more Students than one vlan can use effectively by best practice. So, we use
vlan 600 and 601 to be "Students." These are now assigned by our NAC solution
via round-robin that we are replacing with PacketFence.

According to the Administration Guide at
https://packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Administration_Guide.html section 10.1,
vlan pooling is supported. This sounds like what we want to do.

Can someone clarify the instructions a bit?  Do we configure the vlan pool in
the Role by VLAN ID section of the Switch? And how do you specify which of the
2 algorithms (hash of username, or round-robin)?

We have attempted this by inputing 600,601 into the Roles by VLAN ID, but
looking at the debug output, PacketFence sends "600,601" as the vlan assigned
to the switch. Obviously this fails.

Regards,

Peter Truax
Network Administrator