Weird, i am not able to reproduce it, wish browser are you using ?

Fabrice

Le 2018-01-23 à 03:10, E.P. a écrit :

I figured it out, Fabrice. Thanks for the ldapsearch tool guidance but it was my haste as usual ;)

I set “Matches” parameter to “All” and it turned out that the reply for the query against AD returned a membership in more than one group.

And of course this condition didn’t evaluate as true. I changed it to “Any” and it is all good .

I guess Administration rule is not very important here but I found that the value for the “Access level” doesn’t show and I tried it in two different browsers:

Eugene

*From:*Durand fabrice [mailto:fdur...@inverse.ca]
*Sent:* Monday, January 22, 2018 6:59 PM
*To:* E.P.; packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
*Subject:* Re: [PacketFence-users] Number of devices to connect to the network

Hello Eugene,

Use adsiedit.msc on the AD in order to have a ldap view of your AD and check the exact attribute/values.

On my side i use ldapsearch to fix that sort of issue (http://www.vinidox.com/ldap/querying-an-ldap-server-from-the-command-line-with-ldap-utils-ldapsearch-ldapadd-ldapmodify/)

Le 2018-01-22 à 16:54, E.P. a écrit :

    I’m observing a weird behavior while doing it, Fabrice.

    I did create a rule that should match for just one condition, i.e.
    memberOf

    The user I’m authenticating does belong to Users CN in AD and I
    can authenticate normally, here’s the output of pftest
    authentication it.tech XXXXXXX command

    But for some reason rules are not matched. I even tried to set the
    condition to distingishedName with value taken from AD

    To be like this

    What bothers me is that I don’t see any LDAP related details
    coming from AD server while debugging radius and authenticating as
    it.tech user.

    Could it be the source of the problem ?

    Eugene