Hi Tim and gang,

Any idea where I should start looking into PF to troubleshoot WebAuth for WiFi ?

I finally had time to prepare UniFi according to screenshots published at github

https://github.com/inverse-inc/packetfence/tree/ae18f50b4879cc2d4132490fcee33f2fbe53b36f/docs/images

Namely this is what I did in Unifi:

1)      New SSID (wireless network) is created and set as “Open” and checked
for Guest policy “Appy guest policies” and set VLAN ID to be assigned.

2)      Created Guest policy and set authentication to point it to “External
portal server” and put the IP address of PF into Custom portal field, checked
“Use Secure Portal”, added the IP address of PF into “Pre-Authorization access”
field.

Now, on PF just for the sake of testing guets self-registration which should be
enabled by default I’m not supposed to do anything other than creating a
connection profile, correct ?

So, I created “guests” connection profile, anything specific to set within this
profile ? I checked “Active preregistration” in the profile settings but my
pf.conf file (/usr/local/pf/conf/pf.conf) doesn’t have this (as it says in PF
admin guide)

[guests_self_registration]

preregistration=enabled

Ideally we would like to enable PF send SMS/text messages to users with their
passwords

So, with all above set my connection attempts to the said SSID result in no
redirection to the captive portal. What am I missing and what am I setting in
“Captive portal” in the connection profile and how would PF start processing
the connection being forwarded by UniFi controller ?

Eugene