PEBCAK...

A couple of edits I had made (one adding text to signin.html, and one that
predated me made to challenge.html) had blocked pages from being upgraded
and in doing so confused the button schema and workflow of AUP being before
and now not on the same page as signin.

Thanks to the as ever helpful inverse.ca for leading me back on track.

David