From: Durand fabrice via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2018 6:40 PM
To: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Durand fabrice <fdur...@inverse.ca>
Subject: Re: [PacketFence-users] getting started - interface questions

Hello Jessica,

it depend how you configure the esx, do you have a interface with all the vlan
tagged (only eth0 in the virtual machine) or a virtual interface for each vlan
(it appear eth0, eth1, eth2, ethx... on the vm).

Based on that, then you will need to create a vlan on the eth0 interface or
assign the correct interface as the management/registration/isolation.

Le 18-10-30 à 14 h 42, Jessica Cohen via PacketFence-users a écrit :
Can someone please explain how the interfaces work or provide a link that
adequately describes them? After importing the OVA and starting the server, it
gets an IP address from our dhcp server that's in vlan 50. All of our network
devices management IPs are in vlan 49. When I add a new interface, assign an IP
and vlan, I suddenly lose all connectivity to the server unless I access it
from a machine that's on the 50 vlan. Why can't I access the server from other
vlans? I noticed that it adds a subinterface on eth0 (i.e. eth0.49) but that
shouldn't affect intervlan routing as long as a default gateway is provided
right? Can someone help me get past this step?