Thank you very much for the explanations.
It seems that this is the 2 information I was missing to complete the
configuration.
So, with your help, I have successfully configured eduroam on my site.
Maybe you could add more details in the Installation Guide to help people like
who were facing issues with that specific but very popular use cases.
By the way, long life to packetfence. It’s such a great tool.

DOMINEAUX Philippe

---------

Hello Philippe,

Eduroam will only work for 802.1x not for doing chap/pap.

So in order to make it work you need to have a secure ssid called eduroam and
use the port 11812 for the radius server.

In the eduroam authentication source you also need to define your local realm
(create your realm and associate it to your Domain) in order to keep the
authentication local.

Le 19-07-16 à 05 h 32, DOMINEAUX Philippe via PacketFence-users a écrit :
Hello,

I’ve just configured a fresh new installation of packetfence (9.0.1) and I’m
trying to make it work with Eduroam.
Following the documentation I’ve created an exclusive source to declare Eduroam
radius servers for my country

  *   rad1.eduroam.fr ( 1812 )
  *   rad2.eduroam.fr ( 1812 )
  *   leave the Authentication listening port to default 11812

I’ve also followed the documentation (Getting Started chapter) to configure an
Active Directory server.
The documentation made me configure the DEFAULT and the NULL Realm using the
Active Directory as Domain.
And it works like a charm if I use mydomain credentials on the captive portal
or/and using the dot1x authentication.

But nothing works for Eduroam.

I’ve tried to configure a Connection Profile to catch the foreign eduroam
authentication requests, but If I specify Eduroam as an authentication source,
the radius logs give me :
“No authentication source found for this username”.

Do you have any clue to make it work ?
Thanks.

DOMINEAUX Philippe

Fabrice Durand