Hello Julien,

not sure to understand your issue, you say that it's a standalone AP but connected to a controller.

If there is a controller then you probably need to configure the AP on the controller.

Vous pouvez continuer en français si vous voulez.

Le 19-08-01 à 08 h 41, MACONE Julien via PacketFence-users a écrit :

Hello there,

I’m a new PacketFence’s user and I’ve to ask you some questions about Wireless configuration.

Forgive my english please..

So I’ve 4 Aruba 2540 Switchs, on those ones, I’ve a PacketFence server connected to them and the authentication Radius is working well in wired connection.

It means all ports are configured to be in the registered Vlan.

So actually, when someone is pluged, the captive portal woke up and the credentials are asked. No probs !

But… i’ve 2 Cisco AiroNet 2802 series (Wireless hotspot) without controller… The hotspot have to initiate connection with controller (Location : Paris – Don’t have any hands on it) before starting.

It means that I can’t put them to the registered Vlan because this Vlan doesn’t have access to anything (except the PF server / Captive Portal) and so the hotspot can’t start.

With this.. How is it possible to give access (Registered Vlan should be good) to my wireless users thanks to the hotspot ?

How my ports have to be configured to enable the registered vlan to pass through the hotspot and make my wireless users able to authenticate to the captive portal ?

Huge thanks to future answers.

Nice Day,

Ju.

Fabrice Durand