Dear Packetfencers,

I've finally taken the plunge on version 9 and it's looking great!
Hoping you may be able to advise on the following.

Previously I followed some advice for 8.3 for dhcp sniffing which was
largely:
Make a promiscuous or static interface for relevant vlans with no iP set
(setting IP resulted in routes coming up which were not desired)
Add as type dhcp-listener in pf.conf;

Since upgrading to 9, it appears this is no longer an acceptable config:

"Missing mandatory element ip or netmask on interface eth4.7 at
/usr/local/pf/lib/pfconfig/namespaces/interfaces.pm line 107."

Has the advised methodology changed?
I should note this was required as our dhcp runs from a switch and has
direct VLAN access, so dhcp helpers/forwarders cannot be used effectively.

Many thanks as always,

David

--

Thought Machine Group a limited company registered in England & Wales.

Registered number: 11114277.
Registered Office: 5 New Street Square,
London EC4A 3TW
<https://maps.google.com/?q=5+New+Street+Square,+London+EC4A+3TW&entry=gmail&source=g>.

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient
specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of
this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.
If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and
follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not
occur in the future.