Hi,
New User trying to learn the ropes.  Didn't see much mention of this problem I'm encountering.

I installed CentOS7 on a fresh machine, works well and GNOME Desktop works fine.

Then I follow the instructions to use 'yum' to install Packetfence.

Once done, the xserver won't run any more and has quit, back to command line/login.

When I run 'startx' it loads, shows the desktop for seconds then says "lost xerver connection"
and I'm back at the command line.

I don't see any FAQ or recommendations on rather a user can use a GUI desktop to manage the PC that PF is installed on and if then  VNC can be used for further administer the PC that PF is running on.  I have other apps on that PC I will be running that need GUI interface to
actually administrator them.

Any hints here?
Where am I not seeing the light?