Thanks Peter, again very helpful.

What I have managed to do is get the SmartZone controller to work as
the RADIUS proxy. This is now set up and working. What I am seeing is
a Disconnect-NAK packet being returned from the SmartZone controller
to PF.

"Unable to perform RADIUS Disconnect-Request. Disconnect-NAK received
with Error-Cause: Missing-Attribute."

A tcpdump on the PF server on the CoA port (3799) shows the packets:

[root@A3 ~]# tcpdump udp port 3799 -vvv
tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size
262144 bytes
17:01:15.018790 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 28503, offset 0, flags [DF],
proto UDP (17), length 73)
    A3.65122 > ec2-3-9-193-153.eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.radius-dynauth:
[bad udp cksum 0xfb41 -> 0xeb34!] RADIUS, length: 45
        Disconnect-Request (40), id: 0x15, Authenticator:
0e8903ad95ae41766f4614d83978b9b0
          Calling-Station-Id Attribute (31), length: 19, Value:
60-70-C0-4C-6C-F6
            0x0000:  3630 2d37 302d 4330 2d34 432d 3643 2d46
            0x0010:  36
          NAS-IP-Address Attribute (4), length: 6, Value: 10.5.100.120
            0x0000:  0a05 6478
17:01:15.021186 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 55, id 49424, offset 0, flags [none],
proto UDP (17), length 54)
    ec2-3-9-193-153.eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.radius-dynauth >
A3.65122: [udp sum ok] RADIUS, length: 26
        Disconnect-NAK (42), id: 0x15, Authenticator:
b72de2c780f2b5d240e0786f148e1a9e
          Unknown Attribute (101), length: 6, Value:
            0x0000:  0000 0192

I am now trying to investigate what attributes are missing from the
Disconnect-Request which are leading to the Disconnect-NAK message
being returned.

I'm struggling to interpret this but I will keep sleuthing..!

Kind regards,
Jonathan