Checking on if this is possible with PacketFence (using v10)...

For 802.1x authentication, we have set up for Users and Computers to
authenticate.  Currently, when a machine accesses the network it is
automatically authenticated and gets the Machine role (we're working with
Windows 10 and GPO).  When a user logs onto that machine, the user is
authenticated, that user becomes the 'Owner' of that device - listed in the
nodes section and RADIUS Audit Log Entry, however, the end-system/node keeps
the machine role, and does not get the user's role.

Within the connection profile for 802.1x, we have the sources set so that the
source for user auth (AD) is set above the machine auth, so it should get the
role from the user auth source.  I've verified using pftest and that user is
authenticating against that role.

We've used another NAC solution and when a user logs into the machine under the
same circumstances, the role flips to the user role.

What I think happens/is supposed to happen is when a user logs into the
machine, the machine logs out/deauthenticates so the user role is applied to
the user.  That is not happening with PacketFence.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

Thanks,

Bill