Hello Talan,

Le 20-06-12 à 03 h 51, Talan Westby via PacketFence-users a écrit :

Hi All,

Hope you’re all keeping well during the current pandemic?

We have been users of Packetfence for several years now and with it performing a core business function there has been a considering amount of scrutiny over the reliability of having this service hosted on just a single server. I have therefore been tasked with changing the design of the network to accommodate a new clustered Packetfence environment.

I’ve been researching into this and found the guides to create a cluster. What I’m a little unsure on, is I can see from these guides is setting the system up from scratch. Is it possible to create two new servers and convert our current one to form part of a cluster or does it have to be started from scratch and our configuration copied across?

Yes of course, in fact what you will need to do first is to take a snapshoot or a backup, fill the cluster.conf file.

Once you are at this state, just follow the guide, you will do exactly the same command.

Btw making a cluster always start by configure a standalone and add the 2 others, so the standalone is your current prod one.

I’m happy to proceed with creating an all new server cluster but if we can implement a couple of additional servers and then tie it to our current one that would save a considerable amount of time copying across the configuration.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

DCG Logo black

*Talan Westby*

*Senior Engineer: IT Infrastructure*

The Roundhouse, Roundhouse Road, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JE

talan.wes...@derby-college.ac.uk <mailto:talan.wes...@derby-college.ac.uk>

This electronic message contains information from Derby College which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Derby College does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those of the author and not those of Derby College.

If you have received this message in error, please reply to this message and include d...@derby-college.ac.uk immediately.