Group Policy for 802.1x - under Computer in GPO Editor, security settings,
wireless.  You can set up so GPO has the end system connects to the SSID and
authenticates via 802.1x.

Set up your AD server as the authentication source in PF.  It’s explained in
the install doc.

Lots of google articles show how to set up the GPO for your end systems.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 4, 2020, at 10:38 PM, Michael Brown via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:

A Windows Domain group policy? That does what? Push out wifi network?

I have Windows NPS setup and computers can join wifi successfully based on
their Domain Computers membership.  No special settings are needed, you just
click connect from the regular Windows wifi settings and it authenticated
without ever prompting the user for any input.  Trying to achieve this via
packetfence so I can get rid of NPS.

Thanks.

On Saturday, July 4, 2020, 08:25:25 PM EDT, G PL via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:

Hello,
Probably a Group policy is missing for  the computer configuration.
Regards

Le mar. 30 juin 2020 à 22:20, Michael Brown via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 a écrit :
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get machine authentication working so that if a machine is a
member of the Active Directory Domain Computers group it will join wifi without
prompting the user for anything.

The access points are all Meraki.

On packetfence I have the following:
Connection Profile
Automatically register devices is turned on
Connection Type = Wireless-802.11 EAP

Authentication Profile
Relam: Host
Group Membership > is a member of > CN=Domain
Computers,CN=Users,DC=xxxxx,DC=local
Role > Default
Access Duration > 1hr
Username Attribute = servicePrincipalName

On a domain device that is a member of Domain Computers, when I choose to join
the wireless network it is prompting me for a username and password.

Any ideas on how I can get the Domain Computer devices to auto join?

Thanks a lot.
Mike