Hello there,

802.1x EAP PEAP works in two steps:

1 - Authentication:

- RADIUS where it verify your identity against an Activer Directory with an
NTLM_auth request

Then, if the authentication is successful, you pass to the step 2:

2 - Authorization:

- PacketFence extract a username from the previous radius authentication and
tries to find an available connection profile to match that username with a
source.
- Once it finds a source it will try to do a LDAP request to see if that source
matches any rule to bring an access duration / unreg date and a role.
- If you match a rule, it takes the unregdate + the role, check where you are
connecting to translate the role to a VLAN ID or ACL name

Once all that’s done it sends the RADIUS replay with an Access Accept with your
Authorization in it.

Thanks,

Ludovic Zammit
lzam...@inverse.ca <mailto:lzam...@inverse.ca> ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x145) ::