Hi Everyone,

We are attempting to setup Azure Active Directory SAML 2.0 authentication.

We get the error message "Caught exception in
captiveportal::Controller::Root->dynamic_application "Can't create
Single-Sign-On URL: The Identifier of a provider is unknown to #LassoServer. To
register a provider in a #LassoServer object, you must use the methods
lasso_server_add_provider() or lasso_server_add_provider_from_buffer()."

A Google search found a post to the Packetfence email list 5 years ago. The
reply from Julien Semaan was as follows.

"This look like either the metadata is not valid on the server or the
entity ID is not right in the source configuration.

If you post your metadata file as well as
/usr/local/pf/conf/authentication.conf, I could look at it."

When we created our metadata file, we downloaded from Microsoft for our SAML
provider. This should mean that the data is the same, correct? Also, as far as
we can tell, the entity ID is correct in the source configuration. What else
could we have missed?

Regards,

Peter Truax
Network Administrator