I am having issues connecting to the captive portal.
I checked to see if haproxy-portal is running and it is:

# /usr/local/pf/bin/pfcmd service haproxy-portal status

Service                                                 Status    PID
packetfence-haproxy-portal.service                      started   127989

I used curl from a computer on the registration Vlan to try and get a little
more detail:

$ curl -v -L https://packetence.domain.com:443/captive-portal
*   Trying 10.242.21.1:443...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to packetence.domain.com (10.242.21.1) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
*   CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to
packetence.domain.com:443
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to
packetence.domain.com:443

This made me think it is a certificate issue, so I copied
/usr/local/pf/conf/ssl/server.pem to a test server and setup apache to use the
certificate with success, so there isn't an issue with the certificate so far
as I can tell.

The packetfence admin WebUI reports the certificate as valid. I tried manually
re-entering the certificates in just in case at " Configuration > System
Configuration > SSL Certificates " and restarted haproxy-portal, but I still
have this problem.

I'm running out of idea as far as what to investigate.