Hello everyone

I am using a ruckus smartzone based setup with WISPR / hot-spot redirect on
the AP. (so packetfence is NOT the DHCP server nor is it really using an
isolation or registration vlan on packetfence) In fact, my packetfence
server is not co-located on the same site as the clients.

So un-authenticated clients get re-directed by the wifi access point and
steered to "http://activelearning.school-wifi.com/RuckusSmartZone"; where
the login works just fine

The thing is that I was trying to configure rfc7710 dhcp options in my dhcp
server and that's ok (I was pointing to "
https://activelearning.school-wifi.com/rfc7710"; as the content of the dhcp
option.

And that works fine. Clients that are rfc7710 capable retrieve that dhcp
option and immediately open the portal. The problem is that the portal url
that the /rfc7710 ip specifies is "
https://activelearning.school-wifi.com/portal";. And of course, that doesn't
work since my clients are not locally terminated on packetfence, so PF has
no IP/MAC information to do any correlation and shows an "unknown client
error"

My question was if there is any way to cause the /rfc7710 json response to
point to ANY OTHER url. In my case, for example, it could be "
http://neverssl.com"; or anything else that would cause the AP to do the
proper WISPR redirection. (notice that neverssl is HTTP and not HTTPS)

Is there any knob/option I could use?

I was looking at the code in proxy.go for httpdispatcher and it seems the
"UserPortalURL" field fo the JSON response is derived from the
"X-Forwarded-For" header added by the front-end proxy. I think it might be
useful to provide some means of overriding this value so that clients can
then use rfc7710 in this scenario as well.

Thanks in advance!