Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get PacketFence to send a CoA to an Aerohive (XIQ) AP after a guest registers and is approved by sponsor. I have the AP switch object configured to map by switch role, which sends a Filter-ID I can match on. If I disconnect and reconnect (and clear auth cache on the AP) I get the correct role, but I'm trying to work out how to trigger a CoA so that step isn't needed.

I think I need to be looking into the release code, based on this log entry, but I dug into the source without much luck.

Oct 24 15:32:57 kerr packetfence_httpd.portal[585169]: httpd.portal(585169) INFO: [mac:62:a0:d3:d3:54:4b] Device is registered and still on the portal, attempting to release it again. (captiveportal::PacketFence::DynamicRouting::Module::Root::unknown_state)

Thanks,

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer