You should look into using google LDAP.

Google Oauth is not really supported by google in the captive portal
browser of most phones now a days. Also, you can't limit the google
authentication to a single domain (I had posted some changes to support a
specific google domain but those never made it upstream). So any google
account would work.

I strongly suggest you look into the google LDAP integration instead (its
free for schools). If you're not a school though, it might require some of
the more expensive google workspace plans.