Hi all,

I’ve been trying to get captive portal to work for some time now. I have as my
test device HPE Aruba 2530. I’ve been trying to follow documentations and
trying scourge the net for information with no luck. 802.1x works fine when
using computer account (created new cert in our domain) authentication and
username authentication, and I would like that Captive portal works as a
fallback for our workers who don’t have AD joined computer be cause of clients
supply them.

Switch settings, only testing in port 41 for now:

radius-server host pfence-address key "mysecretkey!"
radius-server host pfence-address dyn-authorization
radius-server host pfence-address time-window 0
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 GW
ip source-interface radius vlan 128
snmp-server community "public" operator
snmp-server community "private" operator unrestricted
aaa server-group radius "PacketFence" host pfence-address
aaa accounting network start-stop radius server-group "PacketFence"
aaa authentication port-access eap-radius server-group "PacketFence"
aaa authentication mac-based peap-mschapv2
aaa authentication captive-portal enable
aaa port-access authenticator 37,41
aaa port-access authenticator 37 tx-period 10
aaa port-access authenticator 37 client-limit 2
aaa port-access authenticator 41 tx-period 10
aaa port-access authenticator 41 client-limit 2
aaa port-access authenticator active
aaa port-access mac-based 41
aaa port-access mac-based 41 addr-moves
vlan 1
   name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
   no untagged 2-48
   untagged 1,49-52
   no ip address
   exit
vlan 128
   name "VLAN128"
   untagged 2-48
   tagged 1
   ip address myswitches
   exit

I don’t want to use any guest/registration or anything other vlans than my 128,
which is office vlan in this case. You either get employee profile or you don’t.

On packetfence side I have switch configured as this show:
https://www.packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Network_Devices_Configuration_Guide.html#_aruba
and following this as well, skipping the Cisco settings of course:
https://www.packetfence.org/doc/PacketFence_Installation_Guide.html#_enabling_the_captive_portal

To test it I unregistered my test pc from packetfence, shutdown wired
autoconfig, re-plugged ethernet and waited for awhile to see if anything
happens on PC, am I automatically forwarded to http://mypfenceip/Aruba
Nothing happens. I can see from switch that 802.1x fails and MAC fails, but I
don’t see anything happening with captive portal.

On PFence logs (radius, packetfence, haproxy[this log is empty]) I don’t see
anything mentioned about captive portals.

Then when I go from my own computer to the captive portal page mentioned above,
it just says
Not Implemented
GET not supported for current URL.

What logs should I look in to solve this issue?

Br,
Timo