Hello all,

I recently upgraded our PF server from 8.2 to 12.2; the upgrade neccessitated an OS change from CentOS to Debian.

I copied our backup config to the new PF and followed the upgrade guide steps. PF 12.2 starts and I can see our nodes and switches, but PF does not respond to SNMP or RADIUS messages from our switches. (Note that these issues did not occur until the upgrade to 12.2)

1. We're using port-security with out Procurve 2600 switches, and PF now ignores all SNMP traps. After each trap received, logs/snmptrapd.log reports "perl callback function 0x562a45b6aae8 returns 1" (there are no related entries in logs/packetfence.log) What does this error mean, and how do we resolve it?

2. For our new switches (Aruba CX6000 series) PF now ignores RADIUS requests. The logs show "Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server packetfence from unknown client <switch_ip_address> port 39572 proto udp" Looking at raddb/clients.conf.inc only contains the PF server, none of our switches are included. (As a test I added one manually to conf/radiusd/clients.conf.inc which appeared successful.) How do we get PF to update the RADIUS clients.conf?

Thank you,
Karl Stevens

--
This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.