Hey folks,

we're currently implementing certificate based authentication on our mobile
devices. While the authentication works fine, I wonder if there is a way to
resolve the corresponding AD-User from the CommonName or E-Mail field of the
certificate. I know that I can setup my realm to resolve custom attributes but
I don't know if this is the supposed way to to it.
I also found the "Role from Source" setting which seems to do the thing I want
but there is pretty much no documentation on how to use this setting.
It would be great if someone could nudge me into the right direction on this
one.

Kind regards,

Heiko

[cid:MK_FB_ASAP_HCL_Logo_Signatur_transparent_20230907_aec7808a-f313-4d64-8bb9-14a78854ed1e.png]

[cid:Top100_2023_84a0679f-a15a-4505-b4de-e10a4d4339bd.png]<https://www.asap.de/newsroom/presse-detail/ueberzeugende-innovationskraft-asap-gruppe-erhaelt-top-100-innovationsaward>

ASAP Holding GmbH Sachsstraße 1A | 85080 Gaimersheim
Tel. +49 8458 3389 252 | Fax. +49 (8458) 3389 399 | Mobil. +49 (173) 6729650
heiko.matth...@asap.de<mailto:heiko.matth...@asap.de> |
www.asap.de<http://www.asap.de>

Geschäftsführer: Michael Neisen, Robert Morgner | Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Gaimersheim | Amtsgericht: Ingolstadt HRB 5396

Datenschutz: Ausführliche Informationen zum Umgang mit Ihren personenbezogenen
Daten bei ASAP erhalten Sie auf unserer Website unter
Datenschutz.<http://www.asap.de/datenschutz/>